NMRA and NMCA are pleased to announce the 5th Annual Open Comp All-Star Showdown. A special race between select NMRA and NMCA Open Comp competitors normally held at the Commerce, Georgia event at Atlanta Dragway. With the covid-19 situation and all the subsequent changes this shootout has been rescheduled for the NMRA/NMCA All-American Nationals at US-131 Motorsports Park on Aug. 27-30, 2020.
NMRA and NMCA Open Comp class Racers will compete for major bragging rights and a trip to the Aerospace Components Winner’s Circle where the winner will be presented with the Manufacturer’s Cup and payout. The entry-fee for this shootout is $100 at the registration trailer, with a 100 percent payback.
The Open Comp All-Star Showdown teams will be selected according to the following from each series:
- NMRA #1-8 positions will be 1-8 in points from 2019, present & racing at the event.
- NMCA #1-8 positions will be 1-8 in points from 2019, present & racing at the event.
- If a competitor from 2019 points cannot attend or participate, the racer next (#9, etc) in 2019 points will be selected as the alternate for that spot on the ladder.
- Shootout will be Run Friday evening.
- Competitors Index for Shootout will be each Racers Q1 E.T. -.10.
- Ladder for Eliminations:
Lane choice in the each round will be decided by coin flip in the staging lanes with the higher seed in each pair calling it. Winner gets lane choice.
Rules: All NMRA and NMCA Open Comp rules apply.