Owners of 2003-2007 Ford F-250 and F-350 trucks with the 6.0L Power Stroke turbodiesel engine can now benefit from significantly better engine cooling with a Flex-A-Lite Direct-Fit Extruded Tube Core radiator.
This new radiator application is available both with (part number 315360) and without (part number 315300) a Flex-A-Lite dual-electric fan. The electric fan system replaces the factory belt-driven clutch fan and fan shroud, delivering more engine power to the wheels and improving fuel economy. The dual-electric fan system also allows the engine to warm up more quickly in cold weather and improves air-conditioning performance at idle and slow speeds in hot weather. The electric fan system moves 6,000 cfm of airflow, and it includes a variable-speed, adjustable thermostatic controller.
The Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiators are the future of performance aluminum radiators, providing better heat transfer and stronger, more durable construction with less weight. The key cooling technology in the new Flex-A-Lite radiator is a core that is made with extruded tubes. This replaces outdated single-core, 2-core, 3-core and 4-core tube designs.
The extruded-tube design is extremely strong, and the internal passage volume increases the contact area between the coolant and aluminum tubes. The extruded tubes also provide a flat, optimum surface on which to braze the cooling fins. This maximizes the contact between the tubes and fins for increased heat rejection. Additionally, the cooling fins have louvers punched into them to direct airflow. This increase of contact and heat transfer from coolant to tube, tube to fin, and fin to air gives the Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiator significantly better cooling capability than is possible with old-style tube cores.
The Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiator is significantly stronger. The extruded tubes in conjunction with a proprietary brazing process give the radiator a 100-psi burst rating. The extruded tubes are much stronger and more rigid than traditional aluminum radiator-core tubes.
The Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiator includes a corner subhead, reinforcing the cooling tube to header connection, an area prone to cracking and leaking in other brands of radiators.
Key features and benefits of the Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiator include:
• Increased contact area between the coolant and aluminum tubes for better heat rejection and cooling
• A flat surface on which to braze the cooling fins, maximizing the contact between the tubes and fins for increased heat rejection and cooling
• The cooling fins have been designed with louver patterns cut into them to direct airflow, improving heat rejection and cooling
• Wind-tunnel testing has shown that this Extruded Tube Core technology is significantly more efficient for cooling than standard tube radiators
• The Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiator is significantly stronger and has a 100-psi burst rating
• The Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiator includes a corner subhead, reinforcing the cooling tube to header connection, an area prone to cracking and leaking in other brands of aluminum radiators
• Covered by an exclusive Flex-A-Lite transferable 2-year warranty
There are direct-fit Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core radiator applications for muscle cars, pickup trucks and Jeeps. LS engine-swap radiators are also available for many applications. Flex-A-Lite radiators are available both with and without a Flex-A-Lite electric fan installed at the factory.
Please visit flex-a-lite.com or call 800-851-1510 for more information.