For the 2017 season, the NMCA is making changes to the run schedule for the NMCA Bowling Green, Indianapolis, and Norwalk events that will allow Chevrolet Performance Challenge Series Real Street competitors to double enter in Edelbrock Xtreme Street. Following the 2017 rule change for Real Street that allows any make or model to enter the class provided the vehicle is LS- or LT-powered, Xtreme Street racers whose vehicles meet those requirements may double enter into Real Street.
To provide the opportunity for racers to double enter at the specified joint events, Real Street eliminations will be held on Saturday, while still providing participants the usual three qualifying sessions.
The 2017 run schedule for the Real Street class will be as follows:
- Test and Tune by class
- Q1 for Real Street (does not count toward xtreme street qualifying)
- Q1 for Xtreme Street and Q2 for Real Street at the same time – Real Street times will count for both classes
- Q2 for Xtreme Street and Q3 for Real Street at the same time – Real Street times will count for both classes
- E1 for Real Street (does not count toward Xtreme Street qualifying)
- Q3 Xtreme Street (includes Real Street round-1 losers also entered in Xtreme Street) followed by Real Street E2 (Counts as Xtreme Street Q3 for those double entered)
- Real Street—complete eliminations (does not count toward Xtreme Street qualifying)
Xtreme Street eliminations
Racers choosing to enter both Real Street and Xtreme Street must purchase car/driver entry for both classes. For further questions, please contact Lonnie Grimm at the Heads-Up Tech Line (714) 785-8282 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.